Although there are not many blooming flowers this time of year there are plenty of pollen and spores causing you to suffer:
- The Big One: RAGWEED begins pollenating in August with the warm days cool nights and is in peak season NOW.
- Molds: As we pile up dead leaves they will contain moisture, basements will have excess moisture, bathrooms may have moisture, all lead to mold.
- Dust mites: Microscopic spider-like insects that are stirred up with turning on the furnace.
- Children: Not as the cause, but kids suffer as they are exposed to dust mites, molds in ther schools from the summer heat, chalk dust.
- Food allergies: Always a threat for kids in the cafeteria with possible peanut butter, eggs, milk, and heaven forbid HALLOWEEN CANDY allergies!
The symptoms of allergies:
- Runny nose.
- Watery eyes.
- Itchy eyes and nose.
- Dark circles under eyes.
Easing the effect of fall allergies:
- Stay indoors.
- Clean the heating ducts.
- Use a HEPA (High Efficiency Particilate Air) filter in your heating system.
- Use a humidifier.
- Wear a filter mask raking leaves.
Avoiding food allergies:
- Pack your kids lunches, insist no sharing.
- Inform their school of the allergies.
- Don’t let kids eat their HALLOWEEN CANDY until inspected!
- Steroid nasal sprays.
- Eye drops.
- Allergy shots.
- Salt water nasal spray.